Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Guitar Pro - does it help to learn bass?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Black 'n Tan, Feb 21, 2005.

1. I downloaded the demo. I can't figure out if you can get the fretboard in the software to "display" as a 5 string bass and to show ONLY the notes of the bass lines. It seems to be more oriented to showing guitar melodies and chords.

can anybody help? :help:

2. d.bond

d.bond

Feb 11, 2005
    Kewanee, IL
    i've got the full version, and yes you can change it to 4 or 5 string bass. you just have to hit F6 and change the strings. not sure about the fretboard diag, ive never tinkered with that. but it has helped me out alot with transcribing and reading notation.

3. I have the full version, and it has helped me greatly in learning bass, mainly in my timing and memorizing tabs, plus it gives you drums and guitar (all be it crappy sounding) to play along with. Explaining features of a program is pretty hard to do, so i advise you read the help file, i did and it was worth it, after i did i found heaps more uses for this great program.

Hope this helps