1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Guitar Pro MIDI Export?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by santucci218, Mar 16, 2008.

1. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    I export the drum tracks from guitar pro that i make so i can add them into cubase and play over them, but whenever i add them the track shows up and i hear no sound from it!

I am using Cubase SX3...

so my question is, what am i doing wrong OR is there something that i can buy that is just tons of drum loop wave files or something that i can piece together my own drum tracks?

i tried frooty loops and stuff but thats too hard for me.

2. i was in a similar fix a few weeks back and up here i found that the midi channel was using the wrong device so i just clicked the list and selected the correct output device!
    on another occasion( am using winXP) the SW synth volume on my windows volume control was zero so i un-muted it and i was set again

so just check up with a few midi playing settings on your comp and cubase

3. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    thank you man, ill try.

4. actually i am using nuendo3.0 so i couldnt not tell you exactly find what am talking about the midi output devices

5. by the way otherwise are you able to play midi sounds in your comp else than on the guitar pro software?

6. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    if i just save the midi from guitar pro onto my computer desktop and click on it, it plays through windows media player and i can hear it...i guess its cubase

7. on my comp if i play a midi through the media player the SW synth volume goes zero in the volume control in the tray so the next time i want to use guitar pro midi i have to raise it back
    if u cant see SW synth volume then go into properties and check it so it apears

8. Are you using Guitar Pro on Windows or a Mac? I have trouble exporting MIDI from Guitar Pro on the Mac. When I use Guitar Pro on Windows, it works fine.

9. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    windows

10. TKBassman

TKBassman

Jul 9, 2009
    Hi..I wasn wondering if anyone can help me. I am currently using GUITAR PRO 5 (Windows XP) and I recently hooked my keyboard up with a MIDISPORT Uno cable (usb on one end and MIDI-IN/MIDI-OUT on the other end. I hooked the cable up to my computer and the IN and OUT of the MIDI on the back of my keyboard. I am trying to figure out how I can EXPORT my SONG as a MIDI file to play on my keyboard? I can't seem to figure out how to do that. I thought once I hooked the cables up and just went to EXPORT, I would be able to export the MIDI file? DO I need to send thet MIDI FILE to a MIDI Software program which will then play it on my keyboard? Any help would be greatly appreciated:help: