Guitar Pro

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Matt Till, Aug 3, 2002.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Hey you guys might wanna check out Guitar Pro. It's a fantastic tabulature program. And once you have it you can check out for .gp3 files which are the actual tabs. There are thousands of tabs at and you can make your own midis/songs in tab format. It's a nifty little tool and you might find some tabs that you can't find anywhere else. It's not free though, unless of course you go online download the shareware version and search for a crack... but that's against the law... don't do that!
  2. I, and my band, use it heavily.

It's really good, and helps me learn/make up my parts, especially as my band live miles away from each other and only one of us has a motor.

Y'all should go try it people!
  3. Just stumbled on this thread... sorry for the lateness of my reply! :D

I think Guitar Pro is the best music tabbing software available out there. Fantastic program. It's really for everyone. Learn songs, write your own songs, modify, share with band mates, etc. Plus, it has every instrument you want. What's cool about it is that you don't only learn about your instrument, but also others. For example, it helped me understand how to play the guitar and the drums. The latter specially. It gave me better understanding of timing in music, and how each instrument is related to one another. Plus, you can try different tunings to see what works best. It’s a fully loaded program.

Again, great software for everyone, from beginner to pro.
  4. I love this program. What is really good is being able to slow the song down in order to learn riffs that would otherwise be too complicated. As you get the hang of it, just keep speeding it up. Next thing you know, you're playing it like a pro.
  5. Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    Yeah ive had it for a long time now..its cool,

cant think when its gonna expire tho

hope it dusnt
  6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Redhot, read this carefully...

;) ;) ;) and did I perhaps mention ;)
  7. Yeah, whatever you do, DON'T go to Kazaa and search for the crack.
  8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Yes, DON'T, note that the n't are silent.
  9. mt10125

Nov 15, 2002
    West Virginia
    Awesome program. Thanx Matt.
  10. bkb9091

Feb 21, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Does anyone know of any other sources for songs besides I have been using this program for some time now and I have downloaded a lot of songs from but the site is really slow and they don't have all the songs i'm looking for and a lot of the times the songs aren't tabbed right...

Anyways, does anyone know of another source or would like to post some cool bass songs that they've found/made up for guitar pro?
  11. You're right about it not having all the songs, and not tabbing the songs (specially the bass) right. However, it is the best you'll find. Most of the tabbers are guitarist who don't give a hoot about bass, or they just copy a magazine's transcription.

This doesn't mean it is a bad site. It is the best. Most of the songs are very good, and when they aren't, well, then I guess it is up to you to work on it... ;)

Try the web for special song tabs. For example, you can find Rush tabs at
  12. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I'm going to bump this because I find myself telling people to check out this program very often. When searching for tabs, people often look which has a lot of stuff, some of it very obscure. So I recommend all tab users check this out.