Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Guitar question

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by superbassman2000, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Hello folks, i kinda want to buy a new guitar, but because i am not really a guitar player, i don't want to spend a whole lot of money, so i was just wondering if anyone knew of a guitar that looks like this ->
    [​IMG]

basically i am looking for a double cutaway semi hollowbody with somewhat of a strat shape that is in the price range of SX or those cheap ebay guitars...i am not that good, so i can't really justify buying a 500-600 dollar guitar!

Thanks crew!

Charlie

2. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Hmmmmm...There must be an Epiphone guitar with that style.

3. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
  4. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
  5. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Looks like the PRS Lawyers are going to be busy. (not the Ibanez they have been there and done that). The first one looks like a PRS copy w/ an imitation Dean logo. The Rondo just looks like a cheap knock off.
    Sorry, I own 2 very nice PRS's so this hit a nerve.

6. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Cort M800 (you would have to find a used one, which might be tough, but they're sweet axes). Also, there's the Agile Harm 1, but it's not quite the look you're after. The PS-900 that Trevorus linked to is not semi-hollow. I wish it was because I've been wanting an inexpensive semi-hollow, too.

Ibanez and Schecter both have models in your price range, but I would try them first. I've been a fan of Ibanez solidbody guitars for years, but the Artcores were not for me.

EDIT: Just a note: I saw an M800 go on ebay a little while ago for under $400, so they can be found.

7. the one in the picture is a dillian guitar

8. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    How much do they go for? The PRS I posted is a $4-5000 guitar.

Never heard of Dillian. Huh.

9. How about a epiphone chet atkins signature?

http://jimosity.tzo.com/Gear/Collection/EpiphoneChetAtkins.jpg

It's not the style you were looking for, but it's light, has that acoustic semi-hollow tone to a T, and sounds great with distortion for when you want the more electric tone. Sounds loud enough for home practice acoustically as well. Get a new one on ebay for like 300 with a hardshell case.

10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  11. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Well I just looked at Dillion's web site, they are Replicas of todays most famous and Vintage Guitars and Basses handmade in Korea. So it's not just PRS, it's anything that will sell.
    I wonder how long this will last? I was thinking maybe they are like OLP and have an agreement, but then I saw the Gibson copies. They don't give permission.
    At least they don't claim to be anything else.

12. but will PRS or Gibson sue?
    i don't think so, because i doubt that Dillion is taking much of Gibson's or PRS' money...
    I think the only reason that Gibson sued PRS was because PRS was making loads of money from PRS' single cut AFAIK

13. And I am not really looking for a PRS, but i had in mind something like trey anastasio's guitar
    [​IMG]
    which isn't a PRS, but is that semihollowbody doublecut, but isn't as big as a 335...i am looking at those ibanez AWD guitars....maybe i can find one used :)

14. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    That's funny, I was at the local music store today, they are small time and used to stock them. The guy in charge told me they were in big trouble, and I had not expessed my opinion. I didn't ask by who.

PRS won that suit BTW, I read the press release. The Gibson Lawyer said " only a fool would mistake them at point of purchase" and the judge threw it out.