1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Guitar question..

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by __HM__, Sep 20, 2008.

1. __HM__

__HM__

Aug 28, 2008
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Okay, I have a squire Strat. Its my worst, but favorite guitar. (First guitar.) So I decided to upgrade it. If I switch out the neck pickup with a new pickup, and JUST the neck pickup, would that work out well? I suppose if I flipped the 5-way up to the neck that it would only use that pickup, correct? Sorry if this is an obvious question, I cant say I've ever switched out a single pickup before. Also, sorry its not a bass question. :bag: haha. The pickup in question is a Seymour Duncan Humbucker Jr, by the way.

2. :confused: why don't you go to a guitar forum?

3. __HM__

__HM__

Aug 28, 2008
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I dont feel like registering on a new forum for one question. Haha. Plus I figured you guys would know, I mean these same principals should apply to a bass right?

4. That's how it works, yes. I suppose it would work out well if that's the pickup you use most. I'm more of a bridge pickup guy myself.

5. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    Not at all. If you replace a single pickup on a bass guitar, everything will work fine. However, on a "normal" guitar a change of only one pickup will cause the polarity of the widjitamagizmo to completely inverse itself which could cause all sorts of problems such as electrical shocks, buzzing fretwire, premature ejaculation...the list goes on and on.

6. musicelectronix

musicelectronix

Jul 8, 2007
    Hüstın, TX
    Lead Designer, Zeibek Boutique Pedals
    It will work fine.. On two seperate notes:

1 - Just because someone asks a guitar question, that doesn't mean that people should register at another forum. He didn't ask how would the SD humbucker sound, he asked an electronics question that would apply both to the a bass and guitar. That would be also true for i.e. a finish question, etc.

2 - Is there a rebellious resistance that secretly agreed on calling Squier as squire? If there is, I want in on that!