1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Guitar recommendations??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Arnold, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Arnold

Arnold Supporting Member

I'm looking for a guitar. Not even sure about acoustic or electric. Just something around the house to work out parts and maybe lay down tracks.
    Less than 500 would be great, and way less would be better.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.
    Arnold

2. T-Funk

T-Funk

Jul 2, 2005
    USA
    I really liked the Ovation GC057 for an electric-acoustic guitar under $500. I owed it for a few years before upgrading to another Ovation model.

Ibanez and ESP are good brands to consider for guitars under $500, and the Fender Standard Statocaster can be found at $500.

I would advise going to a local store and trying out a few models. Just like basses, guitars have different feels and sounds (Fender vs Gibson). Some you will like, some you will hate.

Good luck!

3. play around,find a feel that u like and pull the trigger,i highly recommend xavieres at guitarfetish.com

4. Falkner

Falkner

Mar 5, 2008
    There's a surprising amount of good guitars for less than $500. I can vouch for Ibanez having good guitars at that price range. My low end GSA60 sounds good enough and plays great. Up to the $500 mark they only get better.

I also have to bring up the TakBass favorite brand, SX guitars. I recently bought a $110 Tele copy and it is fantastic! In fact, just earlier today I was messing around at Guitar Center and I feel good saying that my SX sounds and plays as well as a MIM Tele.

Most important is to go to a store and play until you find something that feels right for you.

5. Godbody

Godbody

May 27, 2008
    Anything from rondomusic.com.

Just choose your flavor, and buy with confidence.

6. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Look for a Seagull Acoustic guitar. You'll never need another.

7. Arnold

Arnold Supporting Member

Thanks for the suggestions. Any others?