1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Guitar Rig 4...

Discussion in 'Ask Justin Meldal-Johnsen' started by Lorenzini, May 5, 2010.

1. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Hey Justin,

I saw you're on the Artist Roster for NI's Guitar Rig 4.

How often do you use this, and for what applications? I wish they would come out with some bass plugins, but do you still make good use of what is already in there guitar-wise?

Any info is appreciated, because I have access to Guitar Rig, and if it's useful, I'll use it!

Thanks.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    i'll tell you, even though it's limited for bass plugins, they're pretty darn good.

3. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I guess there are bass plugins in GR4, I'm just interested in how useful!

4. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Wow just checked out the demos on NI website.
    Guess that answers some questons.

But how often do you put it to use?

5. jmjbassplayer

jmjbassplayer Justin Meldal-Johnsen Gold Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2005
    I dunno, maybe 20% of the time. I seem to be using a lot more amps and effects of the "non-virtual" variety these days. No particular reason, except that maybe I dare say that record budgets could be improving, and I seem to be recording a bit more in real studios? Not sure.

6. colicab

colicab

Sep 18, 2008
    speaking of modelling, how do you feel about the simulation capabilities of the GT2 pedal? i see it on a couple of your boards...

7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    why do you think that is? have record company weasels finally figured out how to make money in the face of the internet?

8. jmjbassplayer

jmjbassplayer Justin Meldal-Johnsen Gold Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2005
    I don't feel it simulates much, it's just a cool sounding overdrive to me. I guess it's kinda SVT like...bit of a mid scoop, sometimes too much, sometimes just right. But cool, nonetheless.
    JMJ

9. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Thanks, Justin. :)

Answers all my questions.