Guitar Shop Webcam

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by 88tuner, Nov 23, 2003.

1. Does anyone else have a webcam in their guitar shop? If anyone's interested, here's the link to mine. I started building the new shop in September and now I'm finally in it working an a new guitar project. It's 30X20, heated and vaulted ceiling with surround sound. Life is good.

Click here to visit the Webcam

Live Picture.

2. That' pretty kewl!:D

There are many builders who come here and answer questions regarding their basses, but to SPAM in open forum would be better done in PM's IMHO.

BTW, I'm not a Moderator or board owner, just a TB supporter.

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    this would be better served in the luthier's forum.

as for this being spam, i don't agree. nowhere is he advertising his services, nor showing any kind of product or price. he's just sharing his shop with us. i wish more of the luthiers would do the same. for future reference, when there is a question of whether something is spam or not, please contact a moderator privately before making any kind of public declarations. thanks :)
  4. Spam? You have to be kidding me. I am proud of my new shop and my webcam. That's all. I don't advertise in any way. I can hardly keep up as it is working two jobs. I try to keep the shop more as a hobby if I can help it.

Back to the web cam thing. It was really easy to hook up. I found a free program that sends a new picture to my website every 10 seconds. It would be really great if more builders on this page would setup webcams. I used an x10 wireless camera. It transmits to my computer inside the house so I don't have to run a cable or have a computer in the shop.
  5. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I cant get it to work for me :(
  6. If it's black, the lights are out. Sorry.
  7. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Oh, well I see black now. Before it was a box with a X in it.
  8. It's not been working lately. That was my fault. The Red X is a missing file. It should be working now.