Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Guitar stores in Las Vegas?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Max, May 23, 2003.

1. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    I will be passing through Las Vegas on Memorial Day. Any guitar store and/or pawn shop recommendations? Thanks.

2. You could go to Ed Roman's place if you ate something bad and need to get it out of your system through the front door...

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
  4. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    Ooooooooooo. I had forgotten about that Nino and Peter maybe I will stop at one of those .99 barfet places and tank up.

5. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Make Access Bass your first stop. Adrian Garcia is a very down-to-earth and ultra-cool guy, who is very knowledgeable on basses, amps, other gear.

I go to Las Vegas at least twice every year, and pop into the local music stores. there are three or four main stores close to the strip, but I forget the names. you'll find them easily by looking in the yellow pages.

The cool thing is that when you walk into the music stores, you'll see all the bass players that you saw playing in the lounges or shows over the past few days of your visit; they'll either be behind the counter doing the "music store / day-job thing", or they'll be hanging out checking out gear and rapping. An excellent opportunity to meet our "Sin City" counterperts.

6. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    of course- you probably already let- but if you do read this- stop by the Gold Coast late night tonight, I'll be playing with a 9 piece Latin band-
    the real deal-
    call my cell and i'll leave your name at he door- we will be in the Showrrom -
    also, I'll be playing Sunday night at Bootlegger's bistro- it's an open jam so after we play a set we open it up for people to sit in- you're welcome to come and play-
    as afar as gear goes, i just got a handful of cool basses, starring and incredible mint MTD 535 - my cell is 702 205 5727 - peace! don't lose your shirt!!- Adrian
    ps- thanks , Gil!!! love the shirt- i wear it all the time!!

7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Of course, you won't want to miss the fabulous GC out at Pecos and Tropicana.

8. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    oh yeah, Munji- i get all my straplocks there !!;)

9. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Glad to hear it Adrian!

Munji, yeah GC! I forgot the name because we don't have those in Hawaii. One could spend a couple of hours in there just to cover the basses, amps, and stompbox effects sections of the store.

What's the name of the smaller store on the same street as Boulevard Mall (across the street but further down the street)?