Guitar Stores in Miami Florida

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ashevans, Dec 22, 2004.

1. ashevans

Dec 22, 2004
    Oxford, UK
    Hi there

I am going to Miami just after new year and I am hoping to be able to try out some basses that aren't availible in the UK (Most notably Pedulla but there are others aswell). I was just wondering if anyone could give me addresses or names of any guitar stores in/around miami or any pawn shops that deal with basses (I don't know, is it worth lookin in pawn shops?) But anyway, if anyone has any info it would really be appreciated.
  2. MAE or Music Arts Enterprises in Ft Lauderdale
    954 581 2203 ???
  3. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    that is correct, Jim- though they have recently lost a very knowledegable bass dept salesman.
    theres also Tom Snellgrove at Music and More - he has my old Toby sig 5 ( #404!) there for sale amongst im sure some nice basses.
    Sim Music ( if they are still there) may have a couple of Roscoes.
    Good luck and kiss the ocean for me !
  4. phogchris

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    Yeah, I went into MAE a few times this month and I haven't seen Jeff in there. Their selection wasn't that great either. They used to be much better, but I can't think of anywhere else I would go...even though I have been shopping MAE since 1989 I think, I just recently moved to the Ft. lauderdale area again. Anyone have any more suggestions?
  5. lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Yes, MAE is great about prices and great, professional salesperson (MAE is actually in Davie, about 10 miles north of Miami or a short 30 minute drive).

I advice you get the yellow pages when you get here and look for all the stores around. Don't rule out the big chains. There are two Guitar Centers (on in Kendall/South Miami and one in Hallandale, just 5 miles north of Miami). There are two Samash stores, one in North Miami and one by west of the airport, at the Dolphin Mall. Guitar Centar sometimes has high-end or otherwise interesting stuff.

There are also the stores around 125th Street (north) and Dixie Highway, like Space Music and the mentioned SIM.

What would really do it is to drive 4 hours north to Orlando and visit Bass Central. Might be well worth the drive...
  6. + 1 for Music and More and + 1 for MAE. Those are in Ft. Lauderdale, about 30 minutes from Miami Beach/40 45 min utes from South Beach.

Stay away from Pawn shops in Miami. They are sketchy.

South Florida has a higher than normal amount of crooks per capita. And you can't go by looks or intuition like you cab other places.