1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Guitar strings set for piccolo bass

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Lezard, Mar 13, 2009.

1. I'm looking for a nickel piccolo strings set. :bassist:

I looked at d'addario, GHS, Labella, Zon. They all have some but i'm looking for a set with a wound "G" string. Labella got M80 30/80 set but this set is to heavy for my taste. Zon got a nice set to but at 22.00$ it seems a bit pricey. Since i live in Canada i have to pay for the exchange and shipping. For that price i maybe able to buy 3 guitar strings set.

So i wondering if any of you piccolo player have ever find a nickel guitar strings set that fit a regular bass.

2. Simple answer = no. If nothing else guitar strings are not long enough to cover a 34" scale instrument. Other sources you might check out are string sets for touch-style instruments (Chapman, Warr...). I've used Zon to build the EADGC sets for my Sonus and they have been very accommodating. The best and cheapest solution for that was to use the lightest 4 string set, rounded out with a single C. You really only have two choices: the few pre-made piccolo sets out there; or buy singles to build your own. No magic bullet. Either way, I do recommend Zon as a good source for strings.

You could also check out:
    http://www.juststrings.com/bassguitarsinglestrings.html or use their search engine to look for "piccolo" and you will see a bunch.

3. Thanks for your reply fretlessrock! :)