Guitar through a bass amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by i_got_a_mohawk, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Well, bar the unfortunate events that happened (explained in my other thread), i was recording my guitarist playing through my rig (SVT into a 215 and a 410), he got such an nice clean tone!, we used the sansamp BDDI as a stop box distortion/od pedal for him, and wow, was really impressed, so was he, to the extent of him now wanting a bass amp :smug:

( so they can be converted )
  2. chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    I do that during rehearsal when I feel like jamming on guitar a little. Great warm warm tubey tone through my Bass 400. I dont even adjust the settings.
  3. jgsbass

May 28, 2003
    Floral Park, NY
    When the SVT first came out, the Rolling Stones had a wall of 'em for guitar and bass. Hell its an amp, it should be able to reproduce any sound source. The difference ( back then) was speaker cabinets and that difference was limited to open backed or closed back. An open backed speaker cabinet had no pronounced low end response so bass players would blow them up when they turned the bass up to 10 on the amp.
  4. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    You read accounts of the old days when The Who and such had bass and guitars using the same amps, and even the same cabs sometimes. Nowadays we are smarter, and know better. :rolleyes:

I play bass and some guitar, and my D-180/EV 2X15 setup could easily be my AMP. It'll do a pretty clean bass, it'll crunch up to Led Zeppelin/early Sabbath levels.