1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Guitar through bass amp

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by anonymous278347457, Dec 19, 2006.

1. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    Ive searched on a couple of forums, and I seem to get contradicting information.

I posted this on another forum and began to get flamed, (I tell no names, but Il say the forum name has the G word in) :D

I play a bit of guitar. Ive got a Ibanez RG170DX and a cheap 10w guitar practice amp. The thing is, this thing sounds really dull, and Its hard to get a loud clean sound out of it.

The guitar is pretty nice for the price, ive played it through a bigger amp, and it sounds way nicer.

Ive got a bigger bass amp, and I was planning on getting a distortion pedal(probably a metal muff) and running my guitar through it into my bass amp.

Will this sound better than using the gain on the cheap practice amp?

you see...if I get a metal muff, im hitting 2 birds with one stone so to speak, since ive got a bass distortion too

2. yes.

3. VanillaO

VanillaO Poop?

Oct 14, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    yup.. i do the opposite too.. play my bass through a cheap guitar amp when i'm not practicing with band or whatnot... But I run my guitar through some bass pedals and it works too.. I don't argue.