Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Guitar Wah Mods

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Flea666, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Flea666

Flea666

Apr 21, 2005
    Lichfield, UK
    is there any things you can do to a guitar wah to make it sound better for bass?

Thanks

fleabag

2. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    change the input capacitor to a bigger value e.g.:change the 0.01µf cap near the in-cable to a 0.068µF and done you are!

3. Flea666

Flea666

Apr 21, 2005
    Lichfield, UK
    ah, alrite cheers.

4. Flea666

Flea666

Apr 21, 2005
    Lichfield, UK
    erm, what kind of capacitors would, i need, i kno a little about, electronics and stuff as i did it school, but ive never had 2 buy any things out of school, because all the stuff was there, wat kinda would i need?

im looking at this, and there are loads on there:-
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=Capacitors&doy=5m9&source=15

5. this is why i love my dunlop 535q wah that i originally got for playing guitar, I've never thought to buy a seperate bass wah because its overall control lets you dial in a setting that is well equipt for the bottom end of a bass guitar...though it does have alot of treble to it once you press it all the way down, but thats sort of what i go for in a wah pedal...i use wah more for transitions and more of a phasing type effect when i want that funked out sound..well...thats what a envelope filter is for.