1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Guitar wiring problem...Dimarzio content.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by santucci218, Oct 9, 2009.

1. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Ibanez RG550. I have the pickup "working" but i feel i did something wrong. it sounds pratically like a single coil! I followed the instructions and soldered the black and white together. I then replaced the lead from my old pickup and the ground, both on the 5 way switch. and then i grounded the bare on the back of my volume pot. i felt like it was out of phase, but i switched them and didnt really get anything. Its a H/S/H obviously. As of now im only replacing the bridge pickup. Later ill do the neck. Anyways, does anybody have a wiring diagram they know for sure works?

2. musicelectronix

musicelectronix

Jul 8, 2007
    Hüstın, TX
    Lead Designer, Zeibek Boutique Pedals
    I am not sure how the stock pickups are wired and what the original color branding of the leads are; but Dimarzio uses different colors than Seymour Duncan. Did you follow the instructions of Dimarzio or Ibanez?

There ya go: http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=color_codes

3. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    i followed dimarzio's. I mean, im not going to follow any one ver batum for the fact that i dont have ALL dimarzios or ALL ibanez pickups. I will recheck my wiring when i get home in 20 minutes here.

4. musicelectronix

musicelectronix

Jul 8, 2007
    Hüstın, TX
    Lead Designer, Zeibek Boutique Pedals
    IF it is a phase issue, it shouldn't have affected when you only use the bridge pickup. When I replaced the P pickup of a P/MM with Dimarzio Model P, I needed to wire it reverse. Because when both were active, there were obvious phase issues.

5. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    i just dont believe that this pickup sounds THIS bad. there has to be a wiring diagram of a dimarzio and a stock pickup somewhere! lol

6. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    well, just got home and played it through my amp and it sounds great! stupid marshall mini stack i have at work just sucks i guess.