Guitar

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MaxSBM, Nov 7, 2011.

1. MaxSBM

MaxSBM

Oct 10, 2011
    Hello TBers!

I am a bassist (2 years) and recently picked up guitar. Problem is, my sister is moving north to uni. With her guitar.

I am really into metal (non of that core/death crap) and am considering getting a 7 string. (mostly so I can play Animals as Leaders). Any suggestions for one I can get for under $600 NZ? ($500 US).

Thanks

2. So you can play Animals as Leaders, a progressive metalcore band. :confused:

Anyways, Ibanez or Schecter make some good budget 7 strings.

A black Les Paul style Ibanez. (About $500)
    Electric Guitars - ARZ307 | Ibanez guitars

This comes in a nice walnut satin. Strat shape (about $450)
    Omen-7 - Schecter Guitar Research

I've played the Schecter and was pretty impressed for the price range.

3. MaxSBM

MaxSBM

Oct 10, 2011
    "So you can play Animals as Leaders, a progressive metalcore band."

don't quite understand what you are saying here..... satire or extremism. Po's law....

4. I just think having "I am really into metal (non of that core/death crap) and am considering getting a 7 string" followed by "(mostly so I can play Animals as Leaders)" is slightly assuming if anything, considering they are pretty "core" influenced. They obviously think outside the box, and aren't limited to it, just pointing it out.

IMO

5. MaxSBM

MaxSBM

Oct 10, 2011
    Perhaps I didn't really choose the right genres. I mostly mean music with screaming. The screams turn me off.

6. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 Always overcompensating Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2010
    SoCal
    AAL is not "core" music. It's known as "djent" music, or even "math metal" but definitely not metalcore or deathcore.

7. Whatever floats your boat.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021