Guitarcenter

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Luka, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Drang22

Drang22 Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2017
    Denver, Colorado
    Of course, the big problem with GC, which is symptomatic of retail in general, is the demise of the small music store. It's sad, but I guess those days are gone for good.
    I've bought a couple instruments from GC, and like their return policy, and the fact that they are convenient to my domicile.
    Other than the sales idiots, the only real complaint I have is with a set of Rotosound 66 strings which sucked. After some research, I found that Rotosound was providing a cheaper version of their strings to GC. That's no bueno.

2. Never had a problem with them. I’ve bought guitars, basses and recording equipment. But I’ve never asked for their expertise- I always knew what I wanted when I walked in.

Ross W. Lovell likes this.
  3. kilgoja

kilgoja

May 26, 2005
    Alabama
    what ever happened to Mars music stores? it was pretty much like guitar center. lol

4. chuck1073

chuck1073

Oct 3, 2003
    Preston, CT
    The two GC's that are local to me, typically, have a small selection of pretty "ho hum" basses. Even the new stuff seems kind of beat up from all the hackers that come in to kick the tires. I totally understand the high turnover. If I had to listen to the constant procession of kids playing "Enter Sandman", I wouldn't last either. I don't know how those guys do it. GC is good for strings and cables. That's about it.

5. Badwater

Badwater

Jan 12, 2017
    Here's my lazy answer, use guitar if you want the popular brand stuff. It's what they sell best.

6. milesdavisblue

milesdavisblue Supporting Member

May 4, 2007
    Washington State
    I have purchased two preowned Lakland basses from there online site at great pricing and if not satisfied you have 45 days to return them. Seems fair to me.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021