1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Guitarist Plays Bass - with new symptoms...

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by StoneCountry, Dec 9, 2006.

1. StoneCountry

StoneCountry

Oct 20, 2006
    Howdy folks!

Some of you might recall my post a while ago...
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=287251

Well, I've been spending time tracking, and it's turning out really well actually. It's sounding pretty darned good so far.

But!..... I have a side effect of playing bass now...I find myself DANCING!
    I didn't notice at first, but I never do this playing guitar.....

My wife came into the room and gave me a funny look... because here I am grooving away and dancing. Not crazy dancing, just groovin' dancing.

Bizarre!

2. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Groove is that weird thing that can't be written on a piece of sheet music but makes the audience want to tap their foot and dance. You're groovin' for sure! :cool:

3. Sumosized

Sumosized Learning to lay down a cool groove!!!

Nov 24, 2006
    SW PA
    I've only been playing for a few days--acually just moving my fingers through the scales and finger permatations (sp?) and I know how you feel--I bop while doing this!!!:bassist:

4. BloodTypeBlue

BloodTypeBlue

Feb 15, 2006
    Baltimore
    I've always thought that you keep better rhythm if you make your whole body into a metronome. :) Playing bass has made me a better dancer:D If you can call it that:bag:

5. yaniv

yaniv

Oct 26, 2006
    same here,i do some dancing when playing
    when not dancing,the bass amp makes me & the whole room to move anyway LOL

6. user101

user101

Oct 15, 2006
    can't stop those feet when i'm playing. If they stop the groove is gone. So I guess i can't play bass without my feet

7. Soundmen hate me. "Bassplayer, could you PLEASE quit stomping? It's coming through the mics." :bassist: Can't stand still...:hyper:

8. Otso

Otso

Mar 6, 2006
    Finland