1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Guitarist turned bassist :-)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Joshthebass, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Joshthebass

Joshthebass

Mar 1, 2006
    Hey, ive played guitar for 5 years and been in a few bands but lately ive joined a rock/heavy/screamo band playing bass.
    Im borrowing my mates crappy aria bass and probably going to get a fender pbass mex when i can afford it but i need an amp more than anything at the moment.
    I use a £1000 ashdown at the moment but im not allowed to borrow it much longer so i need a good, solid 300w stack for gigs. i play with 2 guitarists, they use a marshall mode four (350w) and a line 6 vetta (not sure on wattage).
    when i buy this amp it has to last for a fair while as i havent got alot of cash to throw around. i basically want an allround good amp that can handle heavy rock etc.
    i can spend about £350 or maybe a tad more but not alot.

Thanks alot and i hope your able to help a converted bass player :)

cheers,
    Josh

2. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    Well, if you are using one of those £ symbols, then you're in Ashdown territory. You might as well see what you can get in a 4x10 or 1x15 rig from them. Second-hand is definitely worth considering.