Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Guitars *gasp*

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Sippy, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
  2. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I know SX has quite a following here, but I'd get the Ibenez. I'm suspisious when they just say 2 humbuckers, Guitars need different pickups on bridge and neck. Ibenez is spacific about it. Ibenez is a good brand.
    But he should really go and play a few.

3. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    yea he played the Ibanez but really doesn't play enough to justify paying that much for a guitar.. but then again he doesn't wanna pay the money for the SX and it be a total POS.

4. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I don't know that anything is wrong w/ it, I've had no experience. How long has it been since he played? Things have gone up? He really doesn't want to know what I paid for my PRS's.:eek:

5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Nice, I'm picking up the silver ES335 clone from Rondo (same price) as soon as I can make the trip to Union (they aren't too far from me.

A guy here at the office has 4 Rondo guitars and loves them. I'll ask if he's tried that one when he gets her in the morning.

6. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    There you go, I know they're doing something right over there because they sure do have a following here!

7. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    Yea man that would be great! My dad played in a band in the 70's... played a little guitar in the 80s.. and picks up the guitar I bought him 2 years ago.. he picks it up about once a month.. playing basic ECG songs hehe and grateful dead tunes...

8. Pearly Gator

Pearly Gator

Dec 10, 2005
    SoCal
    Definately go with the Ibanez Artcore. The build quality is excellent. It's so good that I own three. The AF75, AG75 and AS73. Change out the wiring and pickups for a primo guitar. The action and fretwork is excellent on these guitars.

PG

9. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I have a friend who owns the Ibanez and he loves it. Typically, he tried to "improve" it by having a new pickup installed and he says there's no marked improvement. The SX looks like a good value, but I just trust Ibanez as a company better.

Off to Miscellaneous...

Edit: Hey, James, Are you getting the 335 copy with the humbuckers or the P90's? I'd love to read you r opinion on how they differ.

10. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
  11. Pruitt

Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    I haven't tried one, but I've heard good things about the "Agile" guitars Rondo sells. I'm thinking about picking one up soon to give them a try. :)

12. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

+1

They're good enough to have actual resale value too.

13. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    Wow hey thanks a lot guys :)

14. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Great price on either for new. 'Gotta be plugged in and plucked to know for sure though.