Guitars, Turntables, Keyboards, Drums, and Bass live and improvised.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Kid A, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Kid A

Kid A

Jan 17, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Today me and some people got together and jammed for the first time. None of us have ever jammed together prior to this. All of this is improvised and completely live and unedited. Sure there are slip ups and stuff, but considering we didn't even choose a key for any of the jams I think this was a killer jam session. I seperated the jams and put them on soundclick, let me know what you guys think.

My personal favorite is for sure jam4, but they all end up pretty groovy.

Also let me know what guys think of the recording. The mix is unedited, no eq or anything. I just tracked the session and seperated the jams. There are some spotty parts, but I think it sounds pretty good for a live session.

I'm certainly not happy with the bass recording, I would have liked to gone direct but I didn't have a signal splitter, so I just had to use the mic (which got moved around while playing) on the amp. It wasn't till halfway through the recordings that I messed with my tone knob, because the deep dub tone I had sounded massive live. Also, sorry for that far from flashy bass playing, didn't have much room with all the instruments playing.

Let me know what yall think! :hyper: