Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

guitarworkshop.com - Anyone attend their programs?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by frederic b. hodshon, Mar 14, 2002.

1. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
  2. Intrepid

Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    I guess if you think it will help then go for it...who gives a crap if anybody esle here is going...I'm almost scared going to those things because I'm definitely an intermediate to advanced player, but I'm always scared they are gonna throw me on a limb.

3. frederic b. hodshon

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    intrepid:

i didn't ask if anyone here was going.

i asked if anyone had attended in the past and had any feedback to share about the course.

you'll stay intermediate if your scared to take chances with music. with all due respect, of course.

:)

4. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    i got the same brochure. i went straight to the scolarship part. it said partial scolarships but i didnt see how much they cover. and 200 bucks for the risk of not getting one nearly made me poop. i guess ill check out the website to see if theres any more info.

id probably learn more from ed friedland and chuck archard than the "star" clinicians. too much flamenco raking,polyphonic two handed tapping and chord strumming for me. it still looks like a pretty intersting way to spend a week though.

5. frederic b. hodshon

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    narud:

yes, the "majors", as they call them, were what caugh my eye. pretty full days.

the star clinics would just be icing.

i've admired Ed's columns in BP.

f