1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gun for wife's bday! (warning: no hatin')

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassturtle, Mar 7, 2008.

1. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    So a couple of months ago my wife decided that she wanted a handgun of her own. It made me giggle with happiness. She's narrowed it down to a Bersa Thunder .380 or any number of 2" .357s (which she would load with 38's) wheel guns. This morning I finally found a Bersa used and the guy also had a Taurus 351 (think that was the model). He let me take both of them to surprise her tonight. Her bday was tuesday and I'm taking her out tonight and will let her pick which one he wants.

She likes the looks and feel of the Bersa, but likes the ease and simplicity of a revolver. I'm leaning toward her getting the Bersa...mainly because I'd love to have one in the collection. Everyone raves about them and it'd be a nice option for a carry piece if she decided she wanted something different later on down the road. It's totally up to her though and I'll be happy with whatever she chooses.

I'll take some pics of which ever she gets.

Yay! My wife wants to shoot with me and we can look at gun pr0n together! :hyper:

2. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    Buy her whichever she wants, then buy the other one "For investment's sake". Trust me, it works.

"Honey, I'm INVESTING in this one!"

3. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    That's actually what I'm thinking about doing. I'd love to have either one honestly. The Bersa would be a great 'other' CCW piece for me and I don't have a revolver yet in the family.

4. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    Cool!

Has she shot any of them yet? The .38/.357's can bite... probably won't want a lightweight. Personally I'd nudge her towards something in 9mm instead of the .380 Bersa, both for effectiveness and ammo costs, but as long as she's happy...

5. Armueller2001

Armueller2001

Sep 19, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    DuraCoat_PinkGlock_111107.
    AK_HOT_PINK_DuraCoat.

6. H&K P7, the ultimate chick gun!! Girls love them, I don't know why. Just about every woman I know that shoots, shoots one. Maybe they just like the term "squeeze cocker", I dunno :confused:

7. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    D953~Daisy-Red-Ryder-Carbine-Posters.

8. Liko

Liko

Mar 30, 2007
    Only problem is neither a Bersa nor a Taurus is generally considered "investing" :bag: :D

Good on ya; a lot of gun owners' wives/S.O.s don't like guns. They may understand the reasons and accept that their spouse will have one, but the idea of shooting or carrying a gun does not appeal to them. You are in the minority by having a wife that not only understands youe Gear Acquisition Syndrome, but your Gun Acquisition Syndrome.

9. Do most women know things like that tho? :bag:

10. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    I'd vote 9mm as well.

11. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

LOL. When I first read the title quickly I thought it read "Gun for wife's baby"). :p

Wasn't real sure what to recommend for that.

12. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    I originally wanted her to go 9mm (it'd be convenient for ordering bulk ammo with my stuff), but she kept coming back to .380 or .38. I've tried to be as hands off as possible with her on this only being there to answer whatever questions I could. I want this to be her choice...not me forcing something. I'm proud of her. She's done a ton of research about different makes and models herself. I have a feeling that she'll get some time on this and in a year or two want something larger.

And yeah, she's shot all of these and then some. Again, I'm really proud of how involved in this she's gotten.

13. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Yeah, for sure. Both would be great little pieces to have though.

My brainwashing has been working well.

14. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    I almost titled it "Gun fo mah babys momma."

15. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Make sure that you get her the complete outfit.

[​IMG]

16. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    sbt_vendela_action[1]_jpg.

sbt_v_surrender[1]_jpg.

17. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    sbt_group2[1]_jpg.

18. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    I'll take the two on the left and a large coke please.

19. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I think its funny that her gun will almost be as big as she is if she gets a .357