gunna get a bass...what do i look for?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kal_pal_2000, May 26, 2004.

1. kal_pal_2000

May 26, 2004
    I just started playing bass guitar about a month and a half ago and I'm going to buy a bass, but I don't know what to look for? Will someone help me? I tauhgt myself to play, so I might not know what you are talking about, Please help me! :help:
  2. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    read around- do searches, it will soak in in time- since you just started playing, you may not be sure what you need in a bass even if its in your hands- give yourself a little time and talk to other bass players in your area. don't give into the hype because so and so plays this bass or that one- most of us are looking for 2 things, tone and playability- you can probably get a good idea what a good bass should sound like way before you realize what a good bass FEELS like since you just started. Once you learn this, prepare to spend thousands and thousands searching for the Holy Grail of tone! ;)
    ask specific questions- and use that search feature! there's tons of info here-- good luck and congratulations! welcome to the low life!!!
  3. Hey Kal_pal, have you tried checking out the Newbie Links at the top of this forum? It will give you some ideas. If you have more questions, try using the search function as Adrian Garcia mentioned. If you still haven't found what you are looking for, post and you'll get lots of responses.