Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

gus bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xush, Apr 25, 2002.

1. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    gus
    [​IMG]

2. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
    heinous!

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I really dig it! It's got the Longhorn vibe, funky, futuristic almost, and looks killer. I'd own it.

4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Space Bass!

I dig it for it's originality. I mean, how many basses are there that have old school lipstick pickups, and SIMS LEDS?

Is that a finish of navigational charts, or is that some actual wood grain? I can't tell on this 17" monitor...

I probably wouldn't buy one new, but if I saw a good deal on a used one, who knows?

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Jason, it's some sort of map (something to be said for NOT having vision correction!). It's still cool though. I'd love to play one.

6. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i like a lot the way it looks, modern and classic at the same time!

good work!

7. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Yeah, well, something to be said about being more than a decade younger than me, too, there, sport. ;)

I thought it was a map (and, on my 19" LCD screen I can see it just fine :p), but I couldn't confirm at work.

Now that I look at the bass, again, it kinda reminds me of a spaceship from the new Star Wars flicks...okay, so I'm a geek with bad eyes--leave me alone....

8. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    well, I meant to post that in the unconventional basses thread, but there you go...
    here's the gus site:
    http://www.gusguitars.com/