Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gut me some new fun stuff!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by metalguy2, Feb 19, 2006.

1. metalguy2

metalguy2

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    I got a saxphone.. So far it is wicked fun. But don't worry guys I will not be turning my back on the bass clef anytime soon. Have you guys picked up a treble instrument of any kind?

BTW Take a look at her!!
    [​IMG]
    1952 King Zephyr

2. snazzy!
    id love to play sax. :(

3. sweet...tenor saxes are by far the best saxes imo...I played one for about 4-5 years, through middle school and high school, but i was just using the schools, so i didn't keep it :)

4. Skeletomania

Skeletomania

Oct 25, 2005
    hong kong
    Whenever I pick up a burrito from taco bell I get very "musical" afterwards.

5. metalguy2

metalguy2

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    Isn't that in the bass range?!

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I started my musical career in 1995 playing alto sax in 3rd grade. Switched to primarilly tenor in 9th grade, and from there learned to be proficient on soprano, alto, tenor and bari sax as well as flute and clarinet. Throughout all of high school, I was our utility woodwind player, filling in gaps where needed.

They were kinda distraught when I switched primarilly to upright bass, but I still did double duty between band, and orchestra, as well as getting roped into pit orchestras (on EVERY SINGLE instrument) and jazz bands (mostly tenor/bari sax and bass)

That's a nice instrument you've got there, I'd kill to be able to afford a tenor of my own.