Guy Nsangue

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Bo Bradley, May 28, 2003.

1. Guy Nsangue is someome to check out if you havent already.He plays with John Luc ponty quite a bit.
    His syncopations are amazing.
  2. fello

Nov 11, 2002
    London, UK
    I Agree, this Guy "Guy" is amazing, you should check his playing on Ponty's recording "tchokola"(not sure if I wrote it correctly),it's all dedicated to West African Music.
    There's another player called Ettiene M'bappe, who's also from Camerun, Like Guy and Richard Bona, Who is really Amazing.Check Him playing on the Latest Zawinul album and on some other bands like Chic Hot and Ultramarine.All these players are based in Paris and play ind the Afro Pop-Jazz Scene.Another 2 players from the same scene worth checking out are Michel Alibo and Linley Marthe.They all share the syncopation quality in their playing and all are worth checking out.
    Since I heard their aproach to playing bass, I got hooked up to it.Too bad they're not well known outside Europe.
  3. Right on Fello-I shall have to check those cats out.Thanks for the heads up.
    p e a c e:bassist:
  4. fello

Nov 11, 2002
    London, UK
    No Problem, just mail me if you need more info on their discography.
  5. that man is amazing, he has a great musical feeling on bass!

on other forum, we discused about his gear and for our surprise, he has an economic LTD bass and before that, he played with a red one. it lookes like a Jackson or Charvel.

this is the "jackson/charvel" one

BOTH videos are about Nsangue playing with Jean Luc-Ponty