guyatone guitars.?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jimmy ray, Dec 6, 2002.

1. thats right. i did say guitar. the reason i asked was because i recently got an old $50 beater guitar from a pawn/guitar shop. its in pretty good shape, it just looked like pure hell( white house paint, with a light purple painted pickguard, & the pickguard paint splattered all over the body) btw, its a tele body, but with a jaguar bridge. so i got this because i was intrested in learning a few chords & to maybe devlop some building skills. anyways, i have no idea what kind of guitar it is. the trussrod cover says guyatone on it, and someone carved "fender" into the head stock. so i checked the web to see if i could find anything on guyatone guitars. there's nothing that i can find & i was wondering if anyone here might have any tips on where to look. i'm stumped.

i'm almost done rebuilding it, and its looking awsome. i sanded all the paint off, then repainted it white, and took the purple off the pickguard. now all i have to do is get some new tuners for it, and maybe a bit more sheilding for it & it will be a pretty sweet guitar for less than $100
  2. wallydoesbass

wallydoesbass Gold Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2002
    Menlo Park, CA
    Jimmy Ray,
    See the current issue (May?) of Guitar Player with Ry Cooder on the cover. He displays and discusses a couple of Guyatone guitars that he uses on his latest release. Guyatone made some cool basses as well.