Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Guyatone MD3 vs Ibanez DE7

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by seiji, Oct 19, 2005.

1. I'm having trouble deciding between those two delay pedals. On one hand the Ibanez one is cheaper and has slightly more features, and on the other hand the Guyatone one has been getting some great reviews. It's also smaller (and cooler).

What do you guys think? Has anyone here got the chance to compare those two?

2. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    I've used Ibanez pedals and wasn't satyisfied with their sound. I'd go Guyatone.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I was more than satisfied with my DE-7, but sold it in a financial jam, and when I decide to get back into the whole delay thing, I'm getting one with a tap tempo feature.

4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

I haven't tried the Ibanez but the MD3 is by far the best delay pedal I've met in its price range.

5. Jazz Ad what was so great about the MD3?

6. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I highly recommend the Line 6 Echo Park but not sure if it is in your price range.

On another note I'm yet to fault Guyatone (yeah the od-2 is crap but I'm sure it sounds good on guitar)

7. Yeah I looked at the Echo Park and while it seems pretty sweet, you're right, I'm not sure I'm willing to spend that extra $50. I've also read some complaints about noise issues with the Echo Park... Although the ping pong feature sounds awesome.

8. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

From a practical point of view, they implemented infinite feedback capabilities (kinda like an echo tape), something most pedals are missing. It's small, easy to adjust very precisely and well built.

Then, there's sound. It feels natural and plain, accurate but not in a digital, cold way. It doesn't bleed even with very distorted tones and gets richer, not confused, as you add layers of notes.

Like most Guyatone effects, it doesn't do much but it does it very well.

9. Sounds like what I'm looking for. I think you just convinced me to get the Guyatone.