Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Guyatone Mini Boxes! They look really good. Are they?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by iualum, Oct 21, 2005.

1. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    Never really paid attention to Guyatone. Had seen the name but not paid any attention. My bad. Now that I've given them a closer look, these seem pretty darned good. Am I imagining things? :hyper:

My finger's on the trigger for 2 of them, and I'm really seriously thinking about 2 more. The 2 that I'm definately ready to get are the MD-3 Delay & the MT-3 Tuner. The 2 others are the PS-3 Phaser & the FL-3 Flanger.

My other Phaser choices are the Phase 90 & Small Stone. The MXR & EHX have much bigger followings, of course, but is there really that much difference among these 3? All are very similarly priced. :confused:

My other Flanger choices are the MXR M117R & the Ibanez FL-9. For flange, I'm looking for the ability to get extreme. I'm guessing the MXR is top dog here, but is it? :confused:

Plus, for the coin, how far wrong can I go, you know? :D

What do you guys think? Appreciate all comments. Thanks.

2. i hear good things about them...didn't Justin Meldel-johnson tape the delay pedal onto his roland bass?

3. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    I found the delay to be excellent -- the best pedal delay I tried.

4. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Cool. I was checking-out a guitarist's fuzz just yesterday ("TZ" or something) - It's heavier duty than it looked in pictures, and the jacks ARE properly connected to the case with nuts. I was impressed; it really looks heavy-duty.

This one didn't sound good on bass, but...

Joe

5. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Really ? I adopted the TZ-2 because I think it's the best fuzz you can use on bass.
    Massive loads of lows and a very, very agressive tone.

6. 33degrees

33degrees

Jun 4, 2005
    Spain
    +1

7. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Hmm.. Maybe I got the number wrong..

I put it right in where my ODB-3 was - I mean switched them out - and it sounded real thin. I just tried this for a minute, though.

There was no battery indicator, and this guy's always letting his batteries go dead. Do they get thin when they run out of juice?

Joe

8. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't know I always run it from an adapter.
    But shallow, it ain't. Even with Depth set to 0, it sound like a fuzzface on steroïds.

9. 33degrees

33degrees

Jun 4, 2005
    Spain
    my TZ2 sounds great with a battery as well but i run it off a 1 SPOT and have no prolemo accept from my neighbours complaining about the low frequencie fuzzing up their sunday afternoon ;)

10. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I really liked all the effects of theirs I tried except the od-2 way to tinny.

But yeah great effects especially for the cash.

11. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I can't get past the rubber gasket bottom but the clips sound good.