1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Guyatone Pedals Questions!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Pearl_jammin, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Hi. I'm looking to expand my effects, nothing in particular in mind, but I'm currently using...
    Bass > DOD 250 > Bass Balls > Morley PBA Wah > Amp

I've been looking over the Guyatone Micro Effects range, they all look really good value and get good reviews, so I'd like to ask a few questions to any owners of the following pedals....

1. MD3 Digital Delay.
    This pedal seems to get good reviews, but I have heard that in some cases it has a noisey background, but the reviewer who wrote that could simply have the wrong power source or something. Is there noticable background noise?

2. BR-2 Bottom Wah Rocker.
    I've been looking for a nice auto-wah for a while, this looks to be a good one. Anyone have any negative opinions of it?

3. BB-2 Bottom Blaster.
    Looks like an interesting idea for a pedal, I'm worried that it will mess with my natural tone however and I have also heard it can be too bass-y. This true?

4. I'm also mildly interested in the BE-2 Bottom Equaliser and the MT-2 Micro Tuner, can anyone give me some quick reviews of either?

I'm not really a fan of digital effects and generally avoid them, but I may make an exception with some of these.

Sorry for the long(ish) post. Thanks for any help :bassist:

2. *bump*
    Noone have any excperiance with any of these pedals?

3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

I tried the delay and the fuzz.
    Both sounded great.
    I can't say I noticed any hum or buzz.

4. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    I think it's the fuzz that has a small on/off slider switch instead of a traditional footswitch and that is why I would avoid that one. (Not very practical in a live setting.) The delay is rumored to be fantastic and has been known to rival many others costing much more. I haven't heard much about the others, but I think the delay is definitely worth a look. Hope this helps.