Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Guyatone Pedals Questions!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Pearl_jammin, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Hi. I'm looking to expand my effects, nothing in particular in mind, but I'm currently using...
    Bass > DOD 250 > Bass Balls > Morley PBA Wah > Amp

I've been looking over the Guyatone Micro Effects range, they all look really good value and get good reviews, so I'd like to ask a few questions to any owners of the following pedals....

1. MD3 Digital Delay.
    This pedal seems to get good reviews, but I have heard that in some cases it has a noisey background, but the reviewer who wrote that could simply have the wrong power source or something. Is there noticable background noise?

2. BR-2 Bottom Wah Rocker.
    I've been looking for a nice auto-wah for a while, this looks to be a good one. Anyone have any negative opinions of it?

3. BB-2 Bottom Blaster.
    Looks like an interesting idea for a pedal, I'm worried that it will mess with my natural tone however and I have also heard it can be too bass-y. This true?

4. I'm also mildly interested in the BE-2 Bottom Equaliser and the MT-2 Micro Tuner, can anyone give me some quick reviews of either?

I'm not really a fan of digital effects and generally avoid them, but I may make an exception with some of these.

Sorry for the long(ish) post. Thanks for any help :bassist:

2. *bump*
    Noone have any excperiance with any of these pedals?

3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

I tried the delay and the fuzz.
    Both sounded great.
    I can't say I noticed any hum or buzz.

4. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    I think it's the fuzz that has a small on/off slider switch instead of a traditional footswitch and that is why I would avoid that one. (Not very practical in a live setting.) The delay is rumored to be fantastic and has been known to rival many others costing much more. I haven't heard much about the others, but I think the delay is definitely worth a look. Hope this helps.