1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Guyatone WR3 Wah Rocker

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by karter2000, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Hi all,

I've been interested in a good auto wah, and was wondering if anyone owned/tried the new WR3 Wah Rocker from Guyatone. I know that the previous model (WR2) is popular, plus I've heard clips from Walbassplayer and others.

Thanks,

Lyle

2. Niff

Niff

Mar 18, 2007
    New Zealand
    the WR3 is supposed to be as good as the BR2, but not from what i've heard. also, the BR2/WR3 isn't a pedal for everyone.. it reacts differently with different basses and everything. and it's quite quiet unless you play really aggressive while using it.

3. Yep.. I really like my BR-2, its true though that you need to play it hard. It works well with my active basses and really opens up if you dig in.

IMO Its not so much that the effect is quiet, its actually quite loud... Its more that, like you said, it reacts differently to different basses. My passive Ric 4001 is completely useless with the BR-2. It has no affect on the autowah and just sounds like a loud, drone like, muddy mess.

I have tried the Tool setup with BR-2 and Tonebender. They sound great together.

Last time I looked, there was a BR-2 for $60 in the classifieds.

4. Lowpro

Lowpro

Sep 25, 2006
    Birmingham, AL
    Tbirdbassist also had the BR2 hookup I believe. Like, Google Ludlow Guitars and check their stock of em.