Guys(and girls too), what is the best way to do this?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Yorkiebassist, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Yorkiebassist

Dec 20, 2005
    OK peeps, I'm struggling with how to ask a girl out that I know. I jsut can't get the best words, so I thought, seeing as this is a big forum, you guys could help me! What sounds most mature and also appealing? :help: Cheers.
  2. Hey.
    Want to go out with me to a movie Saturday night?

Done and done.:D
  3. Saying hi with a nice (not creepily long) look into the eyes, telling her your name, asking hers.

You're much better off trying to start a conversation and ending that conversation with getting her number than you are just going up and asking her to a movie, but assuming you're pretty young this might all be a few years ahead of your game. Just be yourself and don't worry bout looking like a fool, it gets easier everytime (both rejection and just going up to a girl).
  4. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    I've been told that movies are not a great place for a date in a girls opinion, and that something like coffe is much better. i may be wrong though.
  5. +1 You 've got to go to a place where you can talk, neither cinema nor places where the music it too loud to be heard. The best place would be a friendly cafe which both of you know.

The easiest way would be to find someone you both know and tell him to introduce you to her. If it's not possible, just start a conversation with her that suits your age
  6. Don't ask her out on a "date" because it's too formal and most girls will say no regardless if she may even like you. Be subtle about it. "Hey, wanna go get a cup of coffee" She'll be much more likely to say yes.

Also, I've found a lot of girls don't like having plans, and you need to be spontaneous with it. What I mean is when you ask her to go somewhere, ask her to do it right then and there, or later that evening, or the even the next few days if you have to. None of this asking her out on a monday to do something with her the next saturday.
  7. Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Exactly..throw it into conversation...
    For example:

blah blah blah blah Hey, wanna get a bite to eat? blah blah blah.

Then afterwards tell her it was fun and you'd like to do it again.
  8. It depends, are you on speaking terms with her(as in friends, or coworker) or is she just someone you know(see around at school, but don't talk to)?

If its the first one, do as they said above, ask her out for a bite to eat or a coffee so that you can talk and get to know her better.

If its the second option, try and find a mutual friend that might be able to introduce you. If not, its a bit trickier. Best way to do it is to ask her a question about something at the time you see her, i.e. if shes in one of your classes, ask her a question about the NOT introduce yourself until later. That automatically makes it seem like you are coming on to her and she might not like that. If that question yields some results, keep with it. At the end of the conversation, or at the end of class as you are both leaving is the time to be like "Oh and I'm insert name here:____ by the way". I tried this out in my classes last semester for a paper I had to write in social psych, and about 95% of the time I got some form of contact information. Not only does it give you some help in your class(if you skip, or are ill), but it makes it easier to talk to them the next time. Then proceed with the coffee or bite to eat question.

Edit:For the paper I also started conversations by introducing myself, that never got me anywhere farther than their name and awkward silences.
  9. Yorkiebassist

Dec 20, 2005
    The girl is someone I know at school, but don't see her too often outside of school. I'm on speaking terms with her, but my mind goes blank when she's around, and apparently she knows I like her too. I tried getting her number(tried way too soon, I should have left it a bit longer), and I couldn't get it off her, but one of my otherm ates gave me it. Now I don't know whether ot jsut use it or whether to ask her again(and then if she gives me it I know I can use it!). One other thing, I'm not in any of her classes...
  10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Whoa, whoa, whoa dude.......

11. If possible, get with all her friends and impress them.

Trust me, they talk.

If she even brings you up at one of their "girls night out" or whatever, you can bet someone will jump in with "Oh he's so nice, we should introduce you."
  12. Yorkiebassist

Dec 20, 2005
    I haven't. I texted her happy birthday when it was her bday, but that was it. She replied sayign thanks but i dunno who you are. lol.
  13. Yorkiebassist

Dec 20, 2005
    Done that. Apparently they all think I'm a nice guy, and one of her friends said she reckons she should go out with me, rather than the usual 'idiots'. :D
  14. Wait! Where are the pics!? This girl is not real without them. ;)

Just kidding.

But seriously, PM me. :D
  15. AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO

Whoa man slow it down a little bit. I guess it's alright for now, but in the future don't ever ask your friends for a girl's digits. It's a sure fire way to get "stalker" labeled all over you. DON"T TEXT HER OR CALL HER until you know each other enough to have something to talk about on the phone. Be her friend first, then see if you can progress into something more. Just be yourself, and when you talk to her just relax and pretend like you're talking to a friend you've known for years.

16. Just be the awkward goofball but also sincere, that's what works for me.

"So yeah I totally like you and junk like that, so you're going to let me take you out on a date this weekend"

"Haha, you do?...Wow um, cool, that'll be nice! It's a date!"

I don't know, it works for me.
  17. Heh, I feel your pain bro. If I can get a girl to go out with me, I've got it covered from there, but it's sooo tough to get their attention and ask.
  18. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Home Movies:

"Lemme tell ya a little something about women brendan. women, are insane! you get em together, in a group, and they go insane! they eat their own!"

Best advice i ever got.
  19. Men are stupid, women are crazy. That's just how it is.
    Maybe my unsuccessfulness with the ladies could be attributed to taking advice from Carlin...

20. " If those women stay in that room too long, they'll all get on the same cycle......It'll wreak havoc on the plumbing."