1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Guys ever been tempted to talk to an old GF?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jerryjg, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerryjg

jerryjg

Aug 20, 2006
    First of all, I'm an old fart, so back in the day, once you and a girl went your seperate ways that was it. Period.
    Now with facebook and myspace, I found this old girl that dumped me and I obsessed about for a few years. I Come to find her today on myspace again, even though I've looked and never found her before. This was a girl that treated me real badly and threw me a bunch of crumbs for a few months before she dissapeared and even stole from me once.
    I realise its rediculous..I mean less than nothing to her now even though I meant little or nothing to her at the time 3 years ago. I blamed her, but it was my fault for letting myself become her internet whipping boy.
    Looking at her again, I still love the hell out of her, but only in past tense. The feeling has died after three years.
    Shes moved all the way across the country and broke up with her boyfroiend she dumped me for I just found out .
    Okay, I know this isn't the relationship forum. Have you ever been tempted to do such a thing?
    She was 20 and beautiful, and now she 's 23 and time hasn't been real kind to her. Shes lost her childlike beuaty and gotten real fat and stuff, but she still brings back some sweet memories along with the bad.

I mean she a some little time and effort to belittle me on the internet for a few months after we had our short menaingless relationship, and to stand me up a few times . I only had her for a few weeks but I did fall in love.
    anyway.
    Oh man, seeing those new pics of her i saw today after three years kind of opens up old wounds.

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Sure, over the years I've gotten back in touch with most of the women I ever dated. I'm still friends with some of them, and one just found me on Facebook a few days ago. The key is not to contact them with an agenda--just contact to talk, catch up, etc. If you go in with an agenda, things may get ugly. :)

3. This happened 3 years ago,and yet you're an old fart from back in the day..........

[​IMG]

4. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    This will only end badly. Avoid her like the plague sir. People don't stop being awful just because three years pass and they don't take care of themselves.

5. jerryjg

jerryjg

Aug 20, 2006
    Yup, cause I was in my late 40's at the time. what can I say, Im a stud-dog who beds, or used to bed down a few young chicks.

6. ^ Ted? Ted Nugent? Is that you? How you been man!?!

7. it never works out. i had to block an ex on facebook because it brought back bad memories just seeing her face pop up every once in a while. the girl just liked leading me on and then leaving. it was murder every time she left. now i ignore her. it is a lot easier now that i have a girlfriend. having someone who actually cares about me helps a lot

i still have a soft spot for brunettes with green eyes though:oops:

8. Tony In Philly

Tony In Philly Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2007
    Filthydelphia, USA
    Farcebook will temporarily set back the advancement of humanity for a short time. Then it will mercifully go away. :hyper:

9. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Let me get this straight. She treated you poorly, dumped you, aged badly, so you want to get in touch?
    Is quality abuse so hard to come by in your neighborhood?

10. jerryjg

jerryjg

Aug 20, 2006
    Brilliant! Thanks!

11. My exes are all psycho; my wife is only semi-psycho.

12. sleepytime

sleepytime

Nov 10, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Man, reading your description of her and seeing those pics, I think I'm [DEL]obsessed[/DEL] in love too!

Not.

13. Technically, I was *broken up* w/her when I married my wife- I often refer to her as my *ex-GF*

14. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Well, I've had depraved revenge sex with an ex GF or two way back when, then re-dumped their asses just to be able to get in the last word so to speak. But, to answer your question...no, I've never been tempted to actually talk to one. What the heck's wrong with you!?? <smack> <smack>
    Snap out of it.

Wait wait...did you say that in 3 years she's like aged greatly or something? Bro, it aint exactly time that's not being good to her, it's more like looks?? ...just sayin', just sayin' everyone's got different tastes.
    Move along, you can do better.

15. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Exactamundo! Hell, she could be the hottest thing on the planet now and going back there still wouldn't make any sense.

16. mrjim123

mrjim123 Supporting Member

May 17, 2008
    Indy
    Move in or move on, friendo.

17. .

18. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    IME, if things didn't work out, they didn't work out for a reason. I've seen many couples do the "break up, get back together, break up, get back together, ad nauseam" thing so many times, and it just never really works out.

For me personally, most of my relationships have ended on good terms and I have no problems talking with ex-girlfriends. Sometimes I get nostalogic for the time we spent together, but I have no interest in getting back together with them. There was a reason why we didn't last and it was never a superficial reason. Besides, my current girlfriend of a year and a half is exactly what I had wanted and found lacking in the other ones.

I do love the sweet revenge of being seen by someone who wouldn't give me the time a day years ago and showin' her what she missed. :D

19. disenchant

disenchant You can't plagiarize yourself.

Aug 9, 2006
    Elgin, IL
    I think the only number she needs is Jenny Craig.

20. JimB52

JimB52 User Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    I talk through fb or email with a few ex-gfs. Relationships that ended 25 - 30 years ago.
    Some of them still seem kind of PO'ed at me, some seem like they'd like another crack, and some seem to feel both ways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.