1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Guys help me! D215XLT vs. Goliath Sr.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by freshmeat1989, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Here's the deal fellas:

New amp time is here, and I played a D215XLT 3 years ago and it was amazing, everything I wanted at the time. Haven't heard one since. Ordered one yesterday from Bass Central, but neither Bass Central or Eden has one in stock and it'll be a month till they can make one. But, there's a Goliath Sr. for $700 I was lookin at on some classifieds. So there's my dilemma. I either want a 6x10 or a 2x15, and it'll be used with a Sansamp RBI, QSC PLX1202 bridged, and a Warwick Thumb bolt-on. I'm looking for deep, growly, massive meaty tone. Which one do you guys think I should go for?

Good Examples of the tone I'm lookin for:

Finger Eleven - Paralyzer
    Outkast - Prototype
    most 311 stuff

2. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Inactive

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    I love 2x15 cabs. If I could justify owning one, I would. :)

But P-Nutt does play SWR so that will be close.

3. Vinny D

Vinny D

Jan 9, 2007
    Warwick, RI
    I am not so sure the Eden D215xlt will give you the *growl* that you are looking for, that cab is designed to give you more of an *old school* tone. Not as aggressive in the mids and with a smoother (but deep) bottom end.
    If you are looking for that cutting mid bite then I would say the Eden D610xlt would be more to your liking (and as of the other day Eden still had one in stock at the factory)
    Can't help you with how they would compair to the SWR cab, never heard one first hand.

4. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    I owned the D215XLT for awhile and used it with a D410T with great results. I sold it because I wanted to go in another direction with my set up... and here I am again back with 215's and 410's.

Good cab for what it does, I usually rolled the tweeter back quite a bit... because I don't much care for tweeters.

I really enjoyed it though with a 410 in addition to the 215.

Does have the wooly mids that Eden are known for.

Peace
    -Benny

5. MikeyD

MikeyD

Sep 9, 2000
    I have that combination, too. The Eden 215 gives the big, old school bottom while the 410 supplements very well with all the punch and "growl".

To the original poster: I experienced the same scenario when I first bought my Eden 215. I placed an order and the store (Bass NW, I think) and Eden kept promising delivery, then kept delaying. While I was waiting, a music store a mile from my house just happened to get a new one, so I snapped it up and cancelled my order with the other store.

- Mike

6. The 'growliest' cabs that Eden make IMHO is the XST series...See if you can locate a D410XST to listen to. You will get more upper mids and highs and still close to 30Hz on the lows.

7. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    I've been using a Eden 215XLT for about 7 months now as a stand alone and I've got to say it's one great cab. Great bottom, full sound, great projection, great note clarity, easy to move, one of the best stand alone cabs. If I had to try to find a fault....... it's response isn't as fast as 10" speakers but it's very - very close. It'll fill a club with....... BASS!!!! (Everything " Vinny D " had to say was on the mark.)

8. Phil230

Phil230

Jun 20, 2007
    Quebec City
    for the growl go for SWR man
    the goliath you blow some mind, trust me

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 22, 2021