Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Guys, help me find a J-O-B!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by LonghornBass, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Hey guys,

As a junior in the business school here the University of Texas, I am required to have a major- related summer internship. Due to the severely depressed job market, finding one has been extremely difficult. I know that this seems like an odd request, but I was wondering if anyone here on the boards could help me to this end. I am a finance major working on an accounting minor and would love to get some experience in equities analysis with an investment management or private equity firm. That's what I would like to do, but any ideas, contacts for anything finance related would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Joey

2. supergreg

supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    Not sure about the job, but its good to see another NOFX fan here.

3. i doubt you'll find much help here, unless someone here lives in Austin and knows the area of business well. Heck I'm here in Houston and I don't know jack about this city.

and yeah, cool to see another NOFX fan on the board.

4. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Perhaps you should settle for something like a bookkeeper, accts payable/receivable clerk, finace officer for a bank or car dealership this way you can at the very least get some finance experience. It might not be exactly what youre looking for, but it will if hired give you some experience in the overall business management/finance field.