1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Guys im in a pickle...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bbe, Jul 25, 2007.

1. bbe

bbe

Nov 6, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    should i go fro an ehx bms or a qtron+ reissue and a little big muff?

i cant decide. which do u think i should get?

2. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    You will get very different sounds with each, especially depending on where the LBM is in the signal chain (pre-QTron, post-QTron, or in the QTron's FX loop). My advice would be to see if you can't get your hands on these effects in store and test them out and see which one or ones you like best

3. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    that's easy: all three.

problem solved.
    http://[malware url removed].net/vicious-smiley-1815.gif

4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Yep. All three. If it's a question of money, then don't buy them all at once.

5. 343 Salty Beans

343 Salty Beans

Jan 24, 2006
    I really like the sound of my Bass Auto Q after my Big Muff...seems to replicate a good synth sound...now all I need is an octave pedal :)

Just my two cents. I think envelope filter plus fuzz = teh sexellence.

However, the BMS gets such rave reviews I'm afraid to try one out, as I'm afraid I'll GAS like Michael Moore after a chili cookoff carnival.

6. But there are 2 muffs!

7. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    i think he's referring to the modern NYC little big muff, and not the vintage one.

8. There are MANY more than 2 types of muffs...:confused: I'm confused.

OP, you really just have to try them out. I prefer the Fuzz>Filter+Clean Signal for my synth-y tones, you may prefer the sound of the actual synth pedal. You just have to try it.

Or follow everyone else's advice and get all three:bassist:

Which every way you go, take a good look at the XO Qtron+. Its almost half the size of the standard Qtron+, and (allegedly) the same thing. Did we ever get a release date on that?

9. Out now in the US. I don't think it's near half the size of the original but I could be wrong.

10. Really? I will definatly have to check it out. I think I'm making a run to Nashville tomorrow with my drummer. I mentioned Corner Music/Fork's Drums to him so I think he wants to go before the show we're catching. Hopefully they have one in.

And half size was a bit of an exageration, but its a lot more compact and convienantly sized.

11. +1!

12. I meant that out of the 3 choices the OP picked out, two of them are muffs. So what's the point of getting 2?

13. No they arn't :confused:

The first choice is a Bass Micro Synth and the 2nd is a Little Big Muff coupled with a q-tron+.

14. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    I would get the BMS. I don't have one yet but I think there are some deeply weird sounds hiding in there, waiting for me....

15. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    As a guy who just purchased a BMS I think I might've been happier having purchased a filter (Q-Tron or the like) first and then chained out a synth like set of pedals (distortion, octaver, etc) like Salty Beans said.

I'm not entirely in love with the BMS' tracking and think that the problems might be eliminated largely by reducing the number of functions one compact pedal is responsible for.

16. Yeah, the BMS is the Bass Micro Synth. True, it has some kind of fuzz-y noises, but its not a muff by any means.