1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

guys who use a two channel (clean/od) amp: what kind of cab(s) do you use?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Scott Lynch, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Scott Lynch

Scott Lynch Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2002
    Delaware, USA
    Pretty self-explanatory. This is basically a more generalized version of a "what kind of cab to go with my AG 500" thread.

Is it sealed or ported?

Same size or different size drivers?

Tweeter or not?

etc dot dot dot.

and of course, why??

2. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    I don't use a 2 channel amp, but I do use a multi FX and do change between presets a lot, changing the tone. I use a Bergantino NV-610 with a Bergantino HT-210 (HT has tweeter, NV does not, HT is ported, NV is sealed).

3. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Ampeg SVT-BSP preamp, 1000W @ 4OHm Carver Power amp modified for mono output. Carvin Red Eye 4x10 600W daisy-chained with a Behringer 1x15. Both cabs have tweeters and are 8OHms, but when daisychained go down to 4 OHM which works out great. Great sound. Not sure if they're ported or not ported. Don't even know what the hell that means? So if someone wants to explain that to me, I'd be stoked. Spare me the dumbass comments, just a simple explanation would be cool.

4. I like to drive my BDDI into my SVT, my peavey 410 handles the od really well, but unfortunatly my peavey 215 doesnt (thats the only downside ive found to that cab, otherwise its truely amazing, especially with a just slightly gritty warm tube sound)

Both are ported

But i know it isnt because its a ported 215, that would be generalising too much, ive played overdiven fully into a marshall 215 and it handled it extremely well, it was also a really nice cab, just not as nice as my peavey in the rest of the aspects !