1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Guys with coil tap switches in their pickups...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by rockstarbassist, Apr 16, 2010.

1. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    What do you use to account for the drop in volume when you go to SC from HB, if anything? Or for say a live performance do you pick just one and adjust from there?

I would say just use the volume knob, but on active basses (like the Spector NS5H2 I have ordered), it doesn't sound the same w/ the volume kicked back so much when in HB mode to have to punch back up when in SC mode.

Anyway, just curious. :) I'm thinking like an MXR Micro Amp and just set it on top or something and for a tune when I'll want the SC tone I can kick that on.

2. I use a Westone Thunder IIIb Fretless for a fair amount of stuff & I switch into P-Parallel mode for Old Rock & Roll. I usually play with the vol knob rolled down a bit as the Westone's sound doesn't change when you use the vol - so I just turn up a bit!

Simples! (If you don't get that reference, look here: http://film.comparethemeerkat.com/ )