1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GWAR IS BACK

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Vorago, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    well, they've abducted some finnish peasants, made a few adjustments and they're now participating in the Eurovision songfestival! Check out LORDI.

It sucks btw.

2. OH SNAP!!!! I LOVE LORDI!!!

the arockalypse sucks thoug lol

check out get heavy and the monsterican dream.. those albums are insane

man.. i knew it was aonly a matter of time before gwar and lordi got together

3. I saw them live back last summer. they rocked.

4. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    That's gay.:meh:

5. I did my first crowdsurfing at a gwar show:)

6. picknslap

picknslap

Sep 9, 2004
    Manteca
    I think Gwar is going on tour this summer. I can't remember which tour, but they are the only halfway decent band that's going to be there.

7. kovachian

kovachian

Nov 5, 2005
    Uh...Lordi is teh gheyness.

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Uhm... they suck.

At least Gwar had decent songs... sometimes. ;)

9. dudes.. lordi is freaken awesome..

aside from queens of the stone age, they are the only band thats still hard rock. and with the suddent rise of emo and screamo and hardcore and gangstas and playas and all that junk i drool over Lordi. i just wish they were bigger in the US

10. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

And the British entry for the Eurovision Song Contest looks like it's being done by a Paedophile/Child Molester......:meh:

11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

You don't get out much do you :smug:

Seriously though, Queens of the Stoneage is part of a movement I'm sure you've heard of (Stoner Rock) which is essentially just a stupid way of saying Modern Rock (like real rock):

Clutch
    Pearls and Brass
    Fu Manchu
    Nebula
    Witchcraft
    Lowrider
    Fireball Ministry

Just a short list. Unless of course you mean "cock rock" in which case, yes that is what Lordi is playing. If I wanted to listen to Lordi, I'd listen to Kiss... I don't like Kiss either.

12. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Gwar never left. You just didn't know where to look for them. They left Metal Blade records 2 years ago (roundabout) and are looking to get a resurgence by playing heavier stuff and being more "serious". I dunno. I'm a huge Gwar fan, but I don't want them to be serious. I want them to stay funny.

13. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Good Lord that sucked. It sounded like "The Final Countdown". You sure that isn't Europe in costumes?

14. im a 20 year old bass player with no life, all i do is stay at home lol ill check those bands out, thanks :)

the video that was posted here is live, i love lordi but they suck live, mainly cuz of the vocals, and Amen(guitar player) changed his costume.. he used to look really cool, and also the old bass player and keyboard player left.

anyway.. they are much better as a studio band.. check out this video/song.. its one of my facorites

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UqV8E4otPl0&search=blood red sandman

oh, and heres what Amen looked like before he changed his gettup

lordi_band_12duze.

15. Daytona955i

Daytona955i

Feb 17, 2005
    Albany, NY
    GWAR is awesome, I have the Live from Mt Fuji cd and it sounds really good, and its pretty funny just from the cd. I have yet to catch them live, but I'd like to, and get covered with fake blood.

16. this thread got me thinking about Green Jelly, who knows green jelly? :)

they own a club in florida and play in it regulerly, i went to florida once but never got a chance to check them out :(

17. hants

hants

Oct 11, 2005
    I'm from Finland, and I have to be for the first time in my life ASHAMED of being a finn.

(read between the lines my opinion on Lordis music)

18. damn, why am i the only Lordi fan on these boards lol

19. Mike Money

Mike Money In Memoriam

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    "I love puppies... when they're road kill."