Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gwen Stefani - Love, Angel, Music, Baby!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Stephen Soto, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Who's got it? I downloaded a few track's, i'll probably buy it tomorrow though, "What you waiting for?" is a ****ing great song :D.

2. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    AMEN! My guilty pleasure :p :cool:

3. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I saw her on the American Music awards and thought it was one of the worst things I had ever seen. No Doubt is cool, but Gwen on her own... ugh.

4. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I heard "What are you waiting for". It was alright, I didn't feel any connection with the song because I am neither a super-hot female, nor do I have a million-dollar contract; I could imagine worse things to be than those though.

She's a good singer and her voice adds something great to the song, and the production was kind of interesting, but ultimately I gave it a 'meh' and moved on.

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Wait...you like No Doubt and you give me crap for liking the new Candiria?!?!?!?

6. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    No doubt is well written pop songs with great melodies and awesome bass lines. New Candiria is weak. I don't see the problem here. ;)

7. The song was alright, but she belongs in No Doubt. She should just do both. She definitly has mad talent.

8. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    I can definitely see why What you waiting for? is the single, but she is very talented none the less.

9. Boozy

Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    i like her, i find her quite appealing to say the least :)

good singer too ;)

10. Eh, when you compare No Doubt's newest work to this, I don't see much difference (with the single, at least).

They should go back to being a crappy ska-punk band.