1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Gwen Steffani / Rob Thomas

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by 'JC', Aug 7, 2005.

1. 'JC'

'JC'

Mar 14, 2000
    *shudder*

I never thought I'd ask for this but...can anyone point me to a bass tab or guitar tab/powertab to the following:

Rob Thomas - Lonely No More
    Gwen Steffani - Holla Back Girl

It's audition material and I don't have time to figure new songs out.

Unless someone has sheet music! :) :bassist:

2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Well, I've heard Hollaback Girl a number of times (well, watched it :D ...) and I have never really noticed a bassline. A lot of drum, trumpets and some glitchy sounds, but a real bassline seems to be missing. Have a listen and make one up yourself :)

3. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    I don't really listen to these people but I noticed Rob Thomas is in the new High Times mag taking bong loads - made me laugh.

4. I don't thing the Gwen song has any bass line and I never heard the other one. Why would you want to play those 2 for an audition? Play something GOOD; you want to impress people at an audition, not sicken them.

5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    when you join a band, you audition with stuff they do. If it's a working cover gig worth anything, it'll do current hits. :rolleyes:

JC: I just picked up Rob's disc... The line in "Lonely No More" is pretty happening. I'll tab the main riffs later if I remember.