1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

gym/weight loss... before and after pics?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by dan.ablett, Jan 3, 2008.

1. since there seems to be a decent culture of gym amongst TBers, and as im real new to gym exercise, was wondering if anyone has done any before/after shots showing the difference the working out has made.

anyone game to post?

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
  3. I don't have any of me but transforming your body is much more possible than people would have you believe.

Look at these pics from the Gym Jones site:

Week 1
    [​IMG]

Week 4
    [​IMG]

Week 8
    [​IMG]

No steroids or growth hormone or anything. Just good old fashioned hard work and discipline.

Your body is an amazing thing.

4. thats crazy......
    gotta check that site out

5. Joesick

Joesick

Jan 3, 2007
    THIS IS SPARTA!

6. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Not really much of a transformation. Look at the first picture. The guy clearly already has good muscle tone that he's obscured with a few pounds.

Not that it's what is happening here, but a lot of "before and after" shots for supplements are basically bodybuilders going from their rest phase to peaking for a competition.

7. IncX

IncX

Jul 23, 2007
    Philippines
    here was me (1.5 years ago or so):

meVampyreRehearsal-1.jpg

here's me now (should have lost more weight, but im slacking off big time, especially NOW):

DSC00728.jpg

and here's ... well, i just wanna post a pic of me playing bass:

41104_1586688913939_1437270864_1507333_5002421_n.jpg

8. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    wow, dude, that's some great results. good job. what did you do?

9. It is actually harder to loose fat, while maintaining muscle mass than it is to just gain muscle mass. There is a lot more discipline and work involved. Getting your body fat to around 8% (where you start to see abs) takes lots of cardio and perfect nutrition, add to it that you want to keep your muscle mass, and you have to still lift, or you will burn your muscle away and your diet has to be even better.

lowsound

10. Infidelity

Infidelity

Jan 14, 2010
    Melbourne, FL
    I might post in this thread 90 days from now, I started p90x a week ago.. :)

11. IncX

IncX

Jul 23, 2007
    Philippines
    thanks john :)

what i did was basically - a lot of workout ... running an hour a day 6x a week... it was really crazy and i dont recommend it. a great interest in martial arts did help, since i am into this 'i am a warrior' mind set.

i guess losing weight is more of a mental battle than anything else. its easy to find a weight loss program, but NOT eating the Doritos, the fries and the good food, along with getting up at least 4x a week to get 'really tired' and feel pain the next day is the hard part...

although i have to admit... after awhile, you kinda do miss it (except the eating part - i am plateuing right now because i am emotionally drained from having to eat the 'right' food). you get to do a lot more things and wear more clothes when you lose weight.

it helps a lot if you can find a reason more than losing weight to do what you do. in my case... it was thinking "i am a warrior" over and over. it was silly... but i guess you really have to live in this "fantasy" when you want to stick to your 'change of diet and lifestyle.'

12. ^^^ good to hear a man :) I understand completely about getting in the mindset. I used to run, but then I got lazy and, consequently, quite flabby. A couple weeks ago I got a treadmill and man oh man, the first few days where hell. But once you get into, and you envision yourself being stronger, healthier, BETTER, hell, it's almost like you can't stop yourself. Now I'm doing 45 minutes a day on the treadmill and I feel better already.

13. IncX

IncX

Jul 23, 2007
    Philippines
    just dont forget to take rest days and stuff... cause all that running really burns out your knees.

14. + 1 That's what i'm doing right now although i wouldn't say my diet is perfect but it's pretty good.

15. Tat2dHeart

Tat2dHeart Only two strings away from an attitude problem.

My av is my picture after losing 50 of the 65 lbs I lost last year (and 6 sizes). I didn't let anyone take pictures of me for 10 years before that. I still have about 70 lbs to go, but have maintained the 65 so far despite a rather stressful job change. July 1 marks my "kick it back in gear day" to start down the road to losing the rest.

16. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

There was a little gym to start but mainly what did it was getting a gig in a police department, a nerve racking graduate degree program, having my heart crushed a few times, two packs of cigarettes a day.

Before
    web1-1.jpg
    HPIM5256.jpg
    HPIM7336.jpg
    After

IMG00174-20091003-18011.jpg
    lastweek1.jpg
    withthesadowskys2.jpg

17. Major Metal didn't lose weight he just drank from the fountain of youth.

18. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

That's funny considering I feel like graduate school took ten years off my life.

19. f.c.geil

f.c.geil

May 12, 2011
    No pics yet, but I've lost 80#, and have another 50# to go. Mostly diet and running.

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021