SOLD Höfner 500/2 "Cavern" Club Bass German Made

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by meursault42, Jul 21, 2018.

1. meursault42

meursault42

Jun 21, 2006
    Price:
    Strings:
    **Sale Only, sorry no trades**

I purchased this in 2011 from Rock'n'Roll Vintage in Chicago. It was a custom order item given the "Cavern" pickup spacing. It's a great bass with a very unique sound, and I'm loath to part with it. The craftsmanship is wonderful and has a lot more low end and acoustic volume than the cheaper non-German basses. This is due to the fact that it's a full hollowbody construction, NOT a semi-hollow.

It's in near mint condition, with the exception of some very minor superficial scratches on the back and a very small white scuff at the end of the headstock that can probably be buffed out.

Comes with an exceptionally well constructed flight case with aluminum exterior and plush gray velvet interior.

Shipping dimensions are 51.25" x 20" x 8". Cost to ship will be determined based on those dimensions and the destination. I can ship any one of the three major carriers at the buyer's discretion. Just let me know and I'll have the carrier draw up an estimate.

BassWEB-7.jpg BassWEB-12.jpg BassWEB-8.jpg BassWEB-13.jpg BassWEB-9.jpg BassWEB-10.jpg BassWEB-11.jpg BassWEB-14.jpg BassWEB-15.jpg

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  2. sigterm

sigterm ;) ;) ;), love y'all

Feb 5, 2003
    Atlanta G of A
    Might want to edit the listing and use the picture icon rather than html tag for images. I can't see the pics

3. SJLee

SJLee Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2007
    NoVA
    Could you talk a little bit about what is under the E string near the bridge?

4. meursault42

meursault42

Jun 21, 2006
    Yeah sure! It's a little piece of foam. Right now I it has the LaBella strings on it, and the E-string was actually a little bit too sustain-y for my taste, having gotten used to the original Prism set. So I was experimenting with foam. I'll probably swap back to the Prisms, in which case the foam doesn't make any sense. Either way though, the foam will be gone before I ship it to anyone.

5. SJLee

SJLee Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2007
    NoVA
    I see. I had never seen anything like it.

6. meursault42

meursault42

Jun 21, 2006
    Yeah, probably should've taken it off before I took the pics. Honestly, I just forgot :rolleyes:

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021