Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

H||H electronic micro 30 g*uitar amp, help.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tom Crofts, Jun 7, 2001.

1. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    Right, I bought the above amp for £2, don't ask how, all I know is that the previous owner was too stupid to fix it. Anyway I managed to fix it by jiggling the wires around. It has a sticker on the back saying it was serviced by an electrical company in 1983.:) It's a combo and it has a wooden outer, solid, not veneered. It looks pretty cool and has a really clear tone.

Anyway, what I want to know is anything about this amp or the make, a web site maybe, whatever. Well, thanks.

2. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    Hi,
    What I can tell you is that H&H were taken over by Laney some time back.
    Their amps were pretty good , a friend of mine has a "Trucker 120" bass head from about 1980 and it's excellent.
    I think they still use the H&H name for loudspeakers, my Laney BC30 has "H|H" loaded" on the front!

3. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    cool, I have a Laney as well, but I have a Linebacker Bass 30. Anyway I've given that amp to my band's guitarist now, as he's also one of my best mates, and also because he's giving me his boss metal pedal...

It isn't worth anything then? The amp I mean...

4. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    Hi,
    No, I wouldn't say that.
    It's probably worth 30 or 40 quid (More if its a valve combo).