H&K BassBase 600

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JoshB, Oct 6, 2005.

1. JoshB

JoshB A great man is always willing to be little. -RWE Supporting Member

After doing a bunch of research, I'm buying a used H&K bass base 600 from a guy on bassgear.com. All the reviews have been great and the harmony-central ratings are almost straight 10's across the board. Anyone have one of these heads and want to share your thoughts? I'd appreciate it alot.

Anything to look out for? Advice on settings? Whatever you want to share, I'd love to hear. I'm just totally in the dark about these heads and this is my first venture away from the "ampeg sound". Also, does anyone know where I can get the footpedal for this? I've been searching to no avail. Thanks!
  2. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    No advice, just a request that you post your impressions when you can. I've been curious, the feature list looks impressive, but I'm all full up on amps and can't rationalize buying one just to hear it.
  3. JoshB

I will definatly do that once I run it through the paces for a couple of practices...
  4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    AFAIK you can use a standard footswitch. Congrats, the BassBase is a very nice amp.
  5. fast slapper

fast slapper

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA
    I've had my BassBase 600 for a little over a year and I'm still impressed by it!!!

This amp sounds much cleaner than any Ampeg I've heard. With the preamp gain set at lower settings you get a fairly direct sound, turn it up you get some nice warm overdrive tones. The eq. is subtle but effective in taking care of bad room acoustics or helping cut through. It won't make dramatic differences to the sound of your bass. The headroom on this amp is fantastic. It has plenty of power to drive most cabs on the market. My favorite cab I've tested with this amp is the Bergantino HT322. Highly recommended.

I think you will be much happier with this amp rather than your Ampeg.
  6. JoshB

anyone else?
  7. JoshB

Alright...I got the head today via fedex. Other than having some regular rack rash on the top, the head is in GREAT condition. The guy even included an NL4-1/4" cable for me so I could get going right away. Well, today also just so happened to be band practice.

I took this head for a ride and WOW! slapper...you were completely right! This head sounds great! Having the ability to overdrive the 12ax7a added alot to my sound that I've been missing. I'll write a more in depth review of the head once I've messed with it for a few more hours.

8. mward69

Jan 20, 2007
    Conyers, GA
    I have got my hands on the head myself...still dialing it in, but I LOVE this head!!
  9. Baird6869

Baird6869 LET'S GO BLUE JAYS...(in 2016)...LET'S GO!!

Wow! Almost an 8 year gap between posts!

That must be a record.:D