Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ha Ha Ha, very funny

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Now what do I do???

This used to be my band's forum.

http://thenerve.info/phpBB2/index.php

I know WHAT happened - but how did it happen, what do I need to do now, am I in any danger of it happening to my website, how does one actually do such things, why does one actually do such things? Can you imagine if they put their energy into positive stuff???

Whoever did that is just ssoooooo cool. Even cooler than the guys that leave rubber with their mustangs.

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Well thats not very nice is it :(

3. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I suggest you look up Hacked By CrAcKeR-NiNi & SindromX in your white pages and see if you can find their address.

:bag:

4. What's the deal? I just get a page not found error.

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    YEAH!! That is pretty funny. I took an ethical hacking class not too long ago. These guys who ripped your site are not the type of hacker I learned about.

-Mike

6. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    I take computer security "very" seriously. Anyone hacking into my network will see a "ghost", exactly what I want them to see, and nothing more.

This is the information age, dudes and dudettes. Leaving your computer open to hacking is like laying your guns on the front porch, in the old Wild West.

The technology is available, for you and me, to ensure our privacy. There's stuff out there that not even the NSA could hack into.

Not until they reach 128 bits with that quantum computing technology, which is still a ways off. A year maybe, or at least a few months. :D

And when that happens, I'll be way ahead of them. This stuff is no joke. I don't want to get political here, but John Poindexter is one of the smartest men alive today. He's got that little propeller-on-top-of-the-head thing going. :)

7. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Seriously, those people should be put to death.

8. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    These are the kids we all beat up in high school, and their lame attempt to get back at us...

Seriously though. Get a life, kids. No one thinks its cool or funny that you do these things. At least I can take comfort in the fact they will never, EVER get laid.

9. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    And hence no multiplying, I do hope.

Ray

10. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    you know who does this? kids who listen to icp.

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    No you can't.

Not all of the people who do this kind of stuff are the ones you beat up in school. You'd like to think so to make yourself feel better, but it isn't true. Sorry to burst your bubble.

-Mike

12. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Or, 180 days dentention under constant assault of Kenny G recordings.

13. bassjamn

bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    And Michael Bolton singing lead as well

14. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    With FiELdY on bass...

15. Axl Rose back up vocals.....

Rock on
    Eric

16. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    I can't see why people bother to create these virusese, or in this case; just hack!

Sure, i can see why people do it for just a laugh on their friends website, but, honestly, WHY?

There should be a prison sentence carried with every virus or hacker.

Sure these people may get laid. But this is how they get their real kicks from life, by ruining other peoples lives. Kind of similar to terrorism: stupid and pointless.

17. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    and ethel merman.

18. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    There is, you wanna catch them though?

Ray

19. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Ryan Peake on guitar.

Ray

20. Okay, probably what happened is you didn't delete the setup files or executed the chmod incorrectly. It's very easy to crack into PHP forums because if whoever installed the forum missed one security step (I.E. deleting setup files and setting the permissions so that only the owner has access to them) it's easy to crack into the forum. Basically the only thing you can do now is delete the forum and reinstall it -- start from scratch.

Anyways, I'm guessing the perpetrator is an adolescent 12-year old wannabe hacker who went to school the next day and bragged to his nerd-like friends that he cracked your website.