Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

HA HA HA

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Every1TookMyName, Mar 30, 2002.

1. PRS finally bought enough ads from Bass Player for them to give my PRS a good review!

Now you TBers can stop knockin' on it. :D

2. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I noticed that:D

3. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    BP is going to get about 100000 letters of jeers about that. I wasn't impressed either, especially since it was only a couple months after the initial review. Booo.

4. There's really nothing wrong with the bass. I had these horrible sounding dean markley ground wounds on it, and I thought it was the bass that sounded bad. I put on a nice set of Rotosounds and all was well. Now I wouldn't trade for it for any bass of comparable price.

5. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    PRS has made some changes since the original review. It has different pickups, a different preamp, and premastered eq settings.

6. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    ...and those changes would correct the only discrepency BP had with the bass.

are the PRS basses comparable to the PRS guitars?

7. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    no. not even close.

8. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I think construction quality is similar, but the sound quality isn't.

9. I'm guessing you guys have played them, right?

10. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    yep. not a bad bass(there are plenty better in that price range IMO) but nowhere near as nice as the guitars they make(one of the best out there IMO). you might realy like it though. play a bunch a basses in that price range and see what you think.:)

11. By the way, I didn't pay anywhere near the $2000 price tag they have on it. :)