1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

HA3500 or ABM 300??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gambisk, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Hartke HA3500

12 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Ashdown ABM 300 Evo II

18 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. Im having a bit of a problem here, i was fairly set on buying a Hartke HA3500 until i went into my local music store and saw that there was a Ashdown ABM 300 Evo II in store. I had looked at the ABM 500 Evo II but rulled it out cause it was too pricey. The plan is to use the amp with a 4x10 that i'll get with the amp and a warwick 1x15 which i already have.

Both the amps are fairly similar spec 300 watts or so, tube preamp and a comprehensive EQ

I'm now torn between the two amps which one would you recomend ? and secondly is the ashdown consideribly better to justify the extra £100 ($200 ish)?

2. bump

3. Psychicpet

Psychicpet Guest

Mar 13, 2004
    Friend and Endorsee of Larry
    which one "sounds" more like you? THe Ashdown stuff is great sounding BUT the HA3500 is a classic head, been around ofr a long time and sounds great too.

I would really just go into the store with your bass, plug both heads in, set them flat and play a little. which ever one is closest to sounding like you when it's flat... go with that one.

have fun shopping though, new gear is always a blast!

:bassist:

4. All I can do is mirror what has just been said. Try them out, keep a level head (pun inteneded? Maybe) and be prepared to walk away for a few moments to think.

Also, I voted Ashdown, but only because you said you tried the 500 and you really liked it.

Hope this helps....