1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Had a Dream! WOW!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kbaxter26, Oct 19, 2013.

1. The other night I had a VERY vivid dream. I was in the basement at an old High School friends (over 30years ago). There were two guys I use to play with, a drummer and a great guitarist.
    I was just sitting on the couch and these two were jamming away. I was laid back "air bassing" the parts I felt. The drummer stopped and tossed me a Steinberger Bass (see photo), I started playing it, but it just didn't seem right. So, he stopped again and reached around the corner and tossed me another bass. In the dream I did not know yet what bass it was. I just closed my eyes and started playing, it was like it was a part of me and everything I did sounded and felt SWEET. The drummer stopped, again, and tossed me a cord, and said "Now that is perfect for you, plug in and let's go!".
    So, as I plugged it in I saw what it was that sounded and felt so flippin' good in my hands.
    Rickenbacker 4003 in Midnight Blue (see photo).
    This had to be the most life-like dream I have had in decades. I only wish I could afford THAT bass so I could see if the dream would become reallity!!!
    Ok...back to trying to have that dream again!!!!!

Attached Files:

2. ROOTSnFIFTHS

ROOTSnFIFTHS Low-end Lover since '78! Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2012
    NJ to Sin City
    Sadly 30 yrs ago I was playing a blue Rickenbacker (4001) in some high school friends basement. Thunk I paid $300 for that bass. Cool dream BTW.....
    Those were the days!

3. Indeed...those were the days.

4. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    Quick, transcribe the music!

5. Yeah, only at my age, it's a wonder I rememered any if the dream.

6. conebone

conebone Anime is rad.

Sep 20, 2013
    New Jersey
    This was hilarious. Wish I had a Ric bass myself...maybe I should try to dream too...

7. mrb327

mrb327

Mar 6, 2013
    Colorado
    Nobody Knows
    This is how GAS starts?

8. I will NEVER own a Ric. I could never justify it with myself.
    A new twist to this dream. Saturday morning I get an email from one of my fav bass places. Tell me they have a Fender Jazz bass. Just like I have been looking for, and at the price I told them I was willing to pay. I go in and what do you know, it is really close in cilor to the Ric in my dream. So, I try not to get too excited. Plug it in and holy crap...this thing has a tone that IS me. Everything I play comes out SWEET, and the feel is perfect. Setsup just the way I like. So, for far less than any usef MIM I have ever saw, I have my DREAM bass (but the color could be lighter).

9. mrb327

mrb327

Mar 6, 2013
    Colorado
    Nobody Knows
    See, this is how GAS starts! You bought!

10. sloppy_phil

sloppy_phil

Aug 21, 2011
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Not actually named Phil
    that's like the Steve Harris of Jazz basses!

11. Been a couple weeks with this new (to me) Jazz. Still finding more and more to love about it. I can not put it down. I have certianly found "MY BASS". Now, need a lightweight head.
    Still looking to get a new body/color for it. My daughter wants me to go with Surf Green. I am leaning heavy towards antique white, or red. All three are from GuitarFetish. Gotta keep it cheap.